6 Minute Walk Test
How long will it take? 30 minutes
- 6 Minute Walk Test
- ACTH / Cortisol Blood Test
- Chest CT (Computed Tomography) Without Contrast
- EKG / Electrocardiogram
- MINI Neuropsychiatric Interview
- Neuropathy Exam
- NIH Toolkit
- Pulmonary Function Tests (PFT)
- Rehabilitation Exam (PT/OT Exam)
- Renal Ultrasound
- Serum B12 and MMA (Methylmalonic Acid) Blood Test
- Smell Test
- Vision Test
What will happen?
The 6-minute walk test measures your general fitness.
- Your blood pressure will be measured using a cuff on your arm.
- You will be asked to wear a small device on your finger to measure the oxygen in your blood before and after walking.
- Then you will walk down a hallway as fast as you can for 6 minutes. The goal is to walk as far as possible and we will measure how many meters you walk.
- Your blood pressure will be taken again.
How do I prepare?
Wear comfortable shoes. Avoid sandals, flip flops, and shoes with heels.
We will have water available.
Will I be told my results?
Your coordinator will immediately tell you how many meters you have walked.