How long will it take? 30 minutes
- 6 Minute Walk Test
- ACTH / Cortisol Blood Test
- Chest CT (Computed Tomography) Without Contrast
- EKG / Electrocardiogram
- MINI Neuropsychiatric Interview
- Neuropathy Exam
- NIH Toolkit
- Pulmonary Function Tests (PFT)
- Rehabilitation Exam (PT/OT Exam)
- Renal Ultrasound
- Serum B12 and MMA (Methylmalonic Acid) Blood Test
- Smell Test
- Vision Test
What will happen?
A renal ultrasound uses sound waves to make images of the kidneys. The black-and-white images show the internal structure of the kidneys and related organs.
1. You will lie on your side with your arm above your head
2. A warm water-based jelly will be applied to your skin.
3. The sonographer uses moderate pressure with a probe to take ultrasound images of both of your kidneys. You may feel a slight vibration.
4. You will instruct to breathe in different ways.
If this test triggers during your visit, you will be assisted in scheduling a follow-up appointment.
How do I prepare?
You may eat and drink normally. We recommend you drink water before the test and bottled water will be available.
Wear loose fitting clothing. Ideally, a top that can be lifted up or easily removed. There will be hospital gowns available as needed.
Will I be told my results?
We can share results with you via MyChart and your doctor, if requested.
If your results are abnormal, the RECOVER clinical team will call you within 10 days to provide any necessary recommendations for follow up.